Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My first applique shirt.

Piglet has a mild obsession with tomatoes ever since she found my tomato pincushion a few months ago. Since then we've gone through 3 pincushions and each one fell apart within days of being in Piglet's little hands. I resorted to making one myself, which is holding up well, even though they are not as round and plump as the store-bought ones. When Piglet pointed this out, I just told her mine was a roma tomato. Then she named the little one "roomba." I think this all happened around the time I wanted a Roomba myself. Anyway, Roma and Roomba are her best friends now. She sleeps with them and loves to roll them down the flight of stairs at home. Then says, "it's okay, little Roomba."

So this is where the shirt idea came from. It's my first time trying out applique work and it's very fun. I even know what the next "tomato" project will be. Up close, it looks very homemade but I'm happy with it. And it makes me happy Piglet wants to wear it everyday.

No comments: