Saturday, August 23, 2008

Baby craft 01.

I'm slowly getting back to sewing again. SO many baby projects swirling in my head [I should really make a list], so little time to actually make them materialize. The sucky thing with baby projects is that babies grow too fast. For example, I made an applique onesie the other day and did not have get to finish because I ran out of matching thread. By the time I made a trip to the fabric store, it was already getting too small for the baby. Anyway, I did make a little wristlet for diapers and wipes using this tutorial. I added an inside pocket for little baggies for soiled diapers. I love this fabric and am happy with how it turned out but next time I think I will use interfacing on the front/lining part of the bag. The good thing about this project, aside from the fact that it's easy and fast, is that it will get lots of use for a long time. I could even use it to carry little things around after baby is out of diapers. Yay.













































I've also been eyeing a lot of flannel lately. Just want something soft next to baby's skin. I really want to make a blanket but here are some quick burp cloths I stitched up. Flannel on the front, chanille on the back. Easy, easy.

1 comment:

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Babies do grow so quickly, I don't believe that my daughter is 4 already.

I do like the fabrics you use to make your goodies. It difficult to buy nice fabrics over here in London.

Look forward to seeing more baby crafts.

Mary