Friday, September 14, 2007

New Navy

An interesting conversation on the way to Old Navy baby sale:

Me: "Piglet, let's go to Old Navy and then we will meet some friends for lunch."
Piglet: "Mommy go to Old Navy. I go to New Navy. I don't like OLD!"

While there, I wanted to pick up a Halloween costume in case I don't find anything cuter as Halloween approaches. Wasn't crazy about any of them but it's hard to beat their price. Piglet, though, instantly knew she wanted to be this- a skunk!



So I guess my Piglet will be a skunk this year...

Afterwards, we checked out this new restaurant. I've dreamed of opening up a child-friendly cafe/restaurant like this. Except that this is so much more than that. This is a place where they take your kiddos into a giant playroom and play with them until their food [ordered by parents] is delivered. Then they sit them down, clean their hands, and FEED them. Of course there's a charge but it's so worth it. I think they are still fine-tuning things a bit but what a brilliant concept! And pretty yummy food too! Much better than this place, in my opinion. I was able to enjoy a delicious trio of quesadilla, caprese salad, and cream of broccoli [for $7.50] and chat with my friends for over an hour while Piglet played. The best part is that you can see your little ones through fun shaped windows that line the whole side of the playroom. I hope they do well because I would go back over and over.

No comments: