Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fabric covered button hair clips

I've been cutting and stitching my wool felt nonstop. I love buttons and I've been making hair clips with little buttons on them but I started experimenting with fabric covered buttons this week. Oh my.... the possibilities are endless with fabric. I need more fabric for sure. A few more finished ones here. I think I'll be making a lot more of these as they're quite addictive to make.

Anyway, Piglet is wearing a pink stripe fabric covered button in her hair. Not the greatest photo but I am working on that. One of my goals is to improve my photography skills. Only if I can make her stay still for one second, this will be much easier. So far my trick is to lure her with a snack while I snap away.

1 comment:

k.smith said...

those are adorable.
i googled fabric covered clips and saw it.
where did you learn to make those, is there a tutorial somewhere? id love to try it out.
do you cover your buttons by hand or do you use a machine?
thanks!