Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ikea love

We spent all morning at Ikea and it was just the thing we needed. I had my husband with me which meant I didn't have to carry Piglet once she got bored of the shopping cart. And I could buy heavy, bulky items. Of course, we felt like our house could use everything there. We did some damage but didn't splurge on anything we hadn't planned on buying. I never quite appreciated Ikea's family friendly atmosphere until today. It's all in the details, like the little buckle seats in the bathroom stalls [Piglet always touches the feminine napkin disposal thing- ewww!] and little sinks. It was also the first time we ate there. The food is decent and you can't beat the kid-friendliness in the dining area. I will definitely make it an occasional outing because the set up is just so good. And I can't wait until Piglet can play in the kids area. Right now she's too short. That would be heaven. For me.

I was hoping to get some fabrics but didn't see any that I loved and there was no one at the cutting table. But I did pick up these cute textiles from the children's section.




Beautiful jars. And only $6 each!




Love the little dots on these vases.




Of course we didn't forget about Piglet. She loves painting on this easel with her new apron on!



Also got this bedding set for the master bedroom. It could use some color...


And this for my office, which is in some serious need for a little organization.

No comments: