Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Slowly catching up

I've been trying to take things easy... It's just scary how fast this summer is going by and all I want to do is enjoy a little family time before Piglet starts preschool [just once a week] and husband starts his new job next month.

The shop is going through an update as I mentioned. It mainly has to do with replacing all the current photographs. Then I'll just be making minor adjustments before I upload the new stuff. Here's a preview:



I love turning fabric covered button into little hair ponies. They're so playful and functional. I'm all about practicality. I also had fun turning felt flowers into hair ponies. I have more ideas in my head that will hopefully materialize soon. All the items will be available in the shop by the end of the week.

I'm always looking for fabrics to work with. Last weekend I was going through Piglet's clothes and found 2 pairs of pants that never got worn. Now they're too small for her so what did I do? I cut them up! Not the most economical thing to do but I liked the patterns. Of course now I wish Piglet could wear the ponies with the pants. That'd be cute...



I don't know, I seem to have a much easier time finding cute prints in a children's clothing store than in a fabric store. Maybe I'm just not that imaginative...

I'll leave you with a photo of Piglet showing off her "rainbow." One of her favorite activities is mixing colors. Food coloring + clear cups + water = FUN! She makes various combinations of colors but always ends with the "rainbow."



No comments: