Thursday, August 30, 2007

My first sewing projects

I did it! I actually used my sewing machine [thanks to the instructional DVD!] and made something. So giddy at the fact that now I can make anything I want.... well, with lots of practice.

Anyway, I looked for the quickest, easiest thing to make in this book- coasters! And I made them simpler by opting not to incorporate the binding. I'm not crazy about this fabric combo but I didn't have much to work with and also didn't want to cut into my "nice" fabrics just yet. They're not perfect, but who cares? Well, I do, but I'm right now I'm just happy that they turned out decent.



I received a lovely package of fabrics from my sister. [Thanks again, Sarah!]



I love these prints and instantly knew I wanted to make a little smock/apron for Piglet. She's into painting these days. The fabrics are intended for outdoors so I thought they'd work well. The pattern is from the same book but I didn't make the front pocket. Might still add that. I had a harder time with this [the zig zag stitch on a 1/8" bias trim is like walking on a balance beam] and it's not so pretty close up, but I definitely can do this better. I think I'll go make another one. Oh, this is too fun!

No comments: