Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend recap

It's raining here, bleh. It's really the humidity that kills me. At least we had a beautiful weekend...



Saturday morning we hit the zoo instead of the usual farmers market because we haven't been taking advantage of our memberships lately. I'm not sure if Piglet likes the zoo. She spent most of her time blankly staring at all the exhibits until we hit this, the water spout. This was the highlight of the zoo for her and we must've stood there for about 20 minutes. Oh well, guess we'll keep trying... By the way, I love these pink cargo pants on Piglet!



We usually eat out at least 3 meals over the weekend but were good this weekend. Might have something to do with the fact that I started a low-carb diet Friday [it's going well, thank you!]. We did visit our favorite casual Japanese restaurant where Piglet learned to drink miso soup the proper way! My new low-carb favorite: grilled kimchi and pork with tofu- YUM! I'll be making it at home this week.



I've been accumulating Hello Kitty things, mostly from Target $1 bins. Piglet's getting into Hello Kitty. Yay for something girly! The newest find? Hello Kitty macaroni! Yeah, I paid 3 bucks for a handful of macaroni... but they were too cute!



Then I wanted to make something super girly inspired by Hello Kitty. Actually I've had this in mind for a while and finally took the time to make it. What do you think? I like it and it holds up well. I'll be adding a few to the shop this week, I think.


I'm running downstairs to enjoy this before Piglet's up from her nap!

2 comments:

Stitchblade said...

I absolutely love the barette!

Stitchblade said...

You are still next when I hit next on the blog ring....

Where did you get that Hello Kitty lunch bag? I think thats what it is.......