Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend update

My husband is leaving his job of 11 years. Wow, that's a long time but I think he is ready and happy about the change. To celebrate, we had lots of fun activities planned for the weekend. And what happens? Piglet wakes up with a cold on Saturday morning. So we took it easy for a few days. We did manage a quick trip into the city for the PDX Etsy show. I really wanted this lovely mobile [not just for a baby's room anymore, yes?] but resisted. So many lovely Etsians in Portland.... The farmer's market was busier than ever so I'm sure they got great traffic at the show. We then sampled as much food as we can in an hour at The Bite of Oregon. The paella from this caterer was my favorite. We were planning on checking out the Oregon international air show too but didn't make it... next year, maybe.

Sunday we picked up a beach tent for our upcoming trip to Hawaii next month. It is huge and set up in our empty dining room right now. Piglet loves tents but this is more like a room for her. Ended the night with this movie which was rather pretty bad. And I usually like anything chick flick-y.

This morning I picked up a sewing machine from Costco. Woo hoo! I had a $35 off coupon so I just went for it. I'm convinced that the longer you stay there to browse the more money you end up spending. This frequently happens to me at Target also. Things I don't really need made their way into the shopping cart.



A little conversation with Piglet over lunch:

Me: What kind of food do you like, Piglet? I like spicy food.
Piglet: I like yummy food!
Me: Oh yummy food, like what?
Piglet: Apple pie and lemonade!

No comments: